- WordPress cannot login after changing site address URL
- WordPress cannot login after change URL
- WordPress cannot login after domain change
These WordPress issue has been one one of the common problems in WordPress settings section. It might be due to some webmasters trying to experiment on the effect of changing the WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL). Some webmasters might also change this due to WordPress http(s) downgrade or upgrade.
Now, I would like to share the answer to this problem through accessing the Cpanel. In this blogpost, I’ll show some screenshots on where to locate the WordPress file – key in fixing the issue called the wp-config.php. By the way, I am using Hostgator Cpanel as an example.
- Go to File Manager to access your WordPress directory. Then go to the public_html directory, and look for you WordPress site(blog) directory.
- Go to wp-config.php.
- Inside your wp-config.php insert the following line(code).
12define('WP_HOME','http://yourdomain.com<a class="external free" href="http://example.com%27">'</a>);define('WP_SITEURL','http://yourdomain.com<a class="external free" href="http://example.com%27">'</a>);
2nd Possible Resolution: phpMyAdmin
- Open your wp-config.php the look for this code below. Take note of your database name because you need that information.
1define('<span style="color: #339966;">DB_NAME</span>', 'YourDatabaseName');
- Open your phpMyAdmin
Issue Still Not Resolved?
Please visit here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL
Post your concerns here: https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting